For a healthier option to help your body recover from a long workout, try this ridiculously easy granola recipe. The only sugar comes from organic honey and blueberries. The sliced almonds are packed with protein and magnesium, which both aid in muscle recovery. Cinnamon aids in inflammation reduction as well as helps relieve muscle soreness. Finally, the rolled oats and blueberries provide essential antioxidants for the body.
3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together oats, almonds, blueberries and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Pour vanilla extract and honey over oat mixture and use to a wooden spoon to evenly coat oat mixture. Make sure all of the oat are moistened – use your hands if necessary.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let granola cool completely – the air will help the granola obtain a crunchy texture. After completely cool, break up granola and store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.